Academic Research Staff
|Phone||0049 711 685-60044|
Model reduction , nonlinear approximation, error estimation, dynamical systems, numerical analysis, MatLab-OOP
- 1983 * in Minden, North-Rhine-Westfalia
- 1994 Städt. Gymnasium Petershagen
- 2003 Civil service at government organization
- 2004 Begin of studies of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Münster
- 2005 Membership at the Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes
- 2007 Study Abroad at the University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand with DAAD scholarship
- 2009 Finished studies at Münster with Degrees Dipl. Math and Dipl. Inf
- 2010 Start of PhD in project at the SimTech Excellence Cluster, University of Stuttgart
- 2012 April-June: Short term scholar at Rice University, Houston, Texas with Prof. Dr. Sorensen
- WS2010: Assistance at the Hauptseminar Angewandte Mathematik
Matlab File Exchange Publications
mtoc++ - Doxygen filter for Matlab and tools
Create nice documentation for your MatLab project using doxygen
Create plots in single figures and subplots seamlessly
With this tool you can either place your plots in single figures (for e.g. publication export) or fill up subplots (e.g. during development/experiments). Includes a feature to export figures openend by the PlotManager to disk using export_fig.
Default Property Change Monitoring
Two classes that allow easy tracking of changes to "default" properties of MatLab classes
Dictionary data structure
This class provides a simple key/value datastructure for char keys and arbitrary values
convert objects to string
Converter function that creates a recursive string representation for MatLab class instances
Printing a formatted table
Allows to display and print simple text tables in MatLab
SEGMEDIX: Development and Application of a Medical Image Segmentation Framework, 2009 (Collaboration with: Xiaoyi Jiang, WWU)
Associated Professor: Prof. Dr. Martin Burger, WWU
One recent aim of the Imaging Workgroup is the processing of medical MR/CT images in combination with ECG data to support noninvasive medical analysis and thus treatment of patients. As a first step this thesis is concerned with the development of a segmentation framework containing a collection of both standard and modern segmentation algorithms.
Moreover, suitable pre- and post processing algorithms complete the MATLAB based program to a fully self-contained segmentation framework. In the second part the framework is applied to the MR patient data obtained through the current cooperation with several clinics and successful results are presented along with some experiments.
Currently research on a newly developed Mumford-Shah variant is pursued and
results will be published soon.
Download the diploma thesis here.
- 2012-02-05: Invited participation in selection comittee for the new member selection weekend in Mosbach of the " Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes"
- 2011-11-22: Elected as PhD Spokesman for the SimTech Graduate School in Team with Eva-Maria Geissen and Michael Springer
- 2011-09-18: Participation at the Ferienakademie 2011
- 2011-07-08: Participation at the SimTech PhD-Weekend 2011, Söllerhaus, Kleinwalsertal.
- 2011-06-13: Poster presentation at the SimTech Conference 2011 (download here)
- 2010-09-19: Participation at the Ferienakademie 2010
- 2010-07-16: Participation at the SimTech
Visions, Kleinwalsertal, Austria.
Results: Vision Group Presentation, Vision Summary
- 2010-06-16: Further education at the Seminar "PC und Augen - was Computeraugen hilft", Stuttgart
- 2010-06-08: Further education at the Seminar "Recht für Nichtjuristen", Stuttgart
- 2010-05-26: Participation at the Workshop on Nonlinear Approximation, Marburg
- 2010-05-18: Further education at the Seminar "Rückenfit am Arbeitsplatz", Stuttgart
- 2009-09-16: Participation at the MoRePas-Workshop on model reduction, Münster